Flippity is a free add-on that adds to Google Sheets. You can download it for free here.
This Google Sheet add-on (Sheets is the equivalent of Excel) allows you to create all sorts of games and tools for your students. Simple to use, it allows you to share the documents with students or even print them.
Here are some of my favourites:
- the hangman game to review vocabulary
- the flashcard option
- the Jeopardy type quiz to review while having a little bit of fun
- the Random Name Picker to select students in a fun way
- the Wordseach and Crossword puzzle option to review vocabulary or have students create their own.
- the Bingo game to review vocabulary
You do not need extensive knowledge of Sheets to use this tool. I love Google Sheets and Excel. I realize they are scary because they look like math and programming but you should not be scared! They offer lots of possibilities, even to second language teachers like me. 😉